Of course you are going to need a password to unlock this "special" drink.
However, with this lovely 100 degree weather we are having today fall might be the furthest thing from your mind. I hope the pumpkin spice drink is too.
|Just say no|
I will be first to say I am not a "clean" eater.
Hell, I'm not even a "good" eater.
Cancer did not change the way I look at food, for the most part
I still eat McDonalds. I have though cut way back. Do I think Ronald gave me cancer. Fuck no. I will put those golden goddess fries in my mouth until the day I die. However, saving money for a possible move in the future and trying to cut down on my girth has been the reason of my set back.
I know McD's and all other (fast) food chains put junk in their food.
I also know I don't eat fast food, or out, every day or multiple times a day.
There are plenty of people who do Starbucks everyday or multiple times a day.
The reason I don't blame my food choices for my cancer is this.
A. My cancer was a hormone base. It feeds off hormones. This is the reason I have my baby hotel removed. Also the reason I can't do "normal" birth-control. It would feed the tumor.
B. I don't believe I eat "junk" food more than any other person. Why at 29 was I hit with cancer and Jared to eats yoga mats everyday is fine.
*Yes I know bodies react to things differently. I am not a doctor. These are just my thoughts and feelings.
Here is why I will go to a fast food chain maybe once a week but will not step foot in a Starbucks.
Starbucks is very shady when coming clean on their ingredients. People have the right to know if we are shoving cancer causing shit into our pie holes. Let us make that decision.
Cigarets have it all over their packages that these murder sticks will kill you, yet people have no problem lighting up everyday.
Take the hint Starbucks, you will still have cancer drinking addicts.
Starbucks has a reputation of being hippie, "clean", organic, kum-ba-yah company.
If that was the truth why wont they list their ingredients?
Next time you order a Pumpkin Spice____ have this in the back of your mind.
You will get get two doses of Caramel Coloring Level IV
- Caramel Coloring
- It's created in a laboratory by reacting corn sugar with ammonia and sulfates under high pressure and temperature, which produces the byproduct 4-Mel.
- A U.S government funded study found that feeding mice caramel coloring IV increased their risk of developing lung cancer and leukemia, at every dosage level.
- The International Agency for Research on Cancer classifies 4-Mel as "possibly carcinogenic to humans."
- Any food or drink that contains more than 29 micrograms of 4-mel requires a Cancer Warning Label in California.
- The Center for Science in the Public Interest petitioned the FDA to ban caramel coloring in 2011 due to safety concerns and the cancer risk of allowing this ingredient in our food.
- I has no nutritional benefits and is only used cosmetically to improve the appearance of food and drinks, there is a safer alternative available to food manufactures.
- Thankfully, the FDA is currently reviewing the safety, due to a Consumer Reports study that found excessive levels in many popular drinks. consumerreports
In a Pumpkin Spice______ you get 2 doses of Caramel Coloring IV.
Also, if you order a non-fat grande you will get 50 grams of sugar. Holy shit balls!!!
If you want to know more about whats in this amazing drink you can learn more from the Food Babe
PS - if you must know the code its - FirstPSL
While I wont/don't/haven't changed a lot of my ways of eating and drinking Starbucks will not be on my list, and Caramel Color IV will be completely off of it.
What do you think?
Will you still be drinking Pumpkin Spice?
What are some of the foods/drinks you will not consume ever?